German drugstore haul - cheap clean products

Skincare is expensive. Good skincare even more so, especially in the Netherlands. I do not know why, but for some reason makeup costs a fortune here. The same brands I used to buy in Germany are basically twice as expensive here. Huh? Beauty-tax?
If I do not want to blow all my hard-earned money just on makeup, there are two options. Either settle for affordable brands or buy as much as I can on trips back to Germany. I went with the latter. Whenever possible, I try to buy my skincare products when visiting friends and family and stay away from the Dutch drugstore for the most part.

Another thing I like about German drugstores is their range of "clean" AND affordable products. I eliminated parabens, silicones and mineral oils from my beauty scheme as much as I could, but that means buying pricier brands, like Avene or La Roche Posay. Until I found the products from Rossmann. They offer the same concept at very, very low prices! Yay! Combining their products with a few higher-end (read: Avene and La Roche Posay) things I swear by makes for an affordable and clean skincare routine.

I have been to Germany last weekend to meet friends and upon arrival went straight into the Rossmann to stock up. Here is what I got:

Want details?

First off, a cleanser and tonic. On the cleanser (to the left) it says no silicone, colors, parabens. And the toner is alcohol-free. And at 0.79 euros each, one cannot go wrong!

Shower gel for sensitive skin. I believe it was 50 cents.

This is the only deodorant that works for me. Alcohol-free, aluminium-free and gentle to my ultra-sensitive skin. I believe it was about one euro.

These face masks are amazing! One pack actually contains two masks, you can separate them in the middle there, see? They are small and easy to pack when you travel. And oh my, they are the perfect pick-me-up. One of these babies after a tough week or a night out and I am looking all rosy and fresh again. Love them! They were around 1.30 euros I believe and I bought a gazillion of them.


Last but not least, I got myself some makeup. I never tried this foundation, but it was only 2.99 euros, so I will give it a try. The matte eyeshadow has been a staple for years. I always apply it all over my lid to brighten up my eyes. And of course I stocked up on mascara. These were 5 euros each and I got a black and a brown one. Never had brown mascara before, but I thought it may be less harsh than the black, more natural, you know. I have tried it a couple of times now and have to say that I really like it.

So that is it. If you look for clean, affordable beauty products, give the German drugstore a chance!

Comments