Smokin' baby!

That was lame, my apologies. But I tried to find a catchy phrase for the latest dish I tried out. Smoking meat is the lastest craze here, but for those of us not having a yard, balcony or some spot to place a BBQ / smoker, this experience is most of the time out of the question. So I was excited to find the "Smoker Bag" a while ago in a kitchen store in Utrecht. This bag can be placed in your regular oven and promises to give your meat / fish/ veg an authentic smoke flavour.
I tried the bag with two pieces of pork tenderloin and the result was: AMAZEBALLS! Soft, melts in your mouth sweet and smoky meat. I will definitely try the bag once more!


 Take the bag out of the carton and open it.
 I marinated the pork tenderloin pieces overnight with a mixture of salt, pepper, thyme, oregano and cumin.
 Then I added a glaze made of prune jam, ketchup, soy sauce and balsamico.
 Place the glazed pork in the smoker bag, close the bag thouroughly.
 Bake for 15 min at 250 oC.
 Then return the heat to 190oC and bake for another 35-40 min
 Take the bag out of the oven and leave to rest for 5-10 min. Then open the bag, cut the meat and place on a platter.
 Voila: super-delicious meat with a subtle smoke-taste!
Have a nice weekend!

Comments